Monday, April 30, 2012

Masochistic Hopes

Can you take that part of me, that's stronger than it needs to be?  Can you take it out and send it packing, so I can get back to the rest of me?

Can you take that yearning, passion, and desire and change their focus to something less here and more there?

Can you just cut off the emotions that stem from this never-ceasing problem, and replant them in the gardens that grow emotions for what needs to be?

Because I am tired of caring and yearning for something that I don't seem fit to have.  Tired of wasting time hoping for something that seems so trivial when placed in the context of the rest of what's hoped for.

I can't help but feel there is a reason for this desire...but sadly, the reason seems more masochistic than life-giving.  More terrifyingly depressing than hope inspiring, which is why I can't help but want it to be gone.  Either that, or let it be fulfilled.  Sooner rather than later.  So the intentions can be met.

No comments:

Post a Comment